For home cooks looking to upgrade their kitchen tools, adding an electric meat slicer is a game-changer for prepping meals and entertaining.
The good news is some excellent electric meat slicers are now available for under $150 in the market. With the right features like adjustable thickness settings, large blades, and removable parts for easy cleaning, these affordable meat slicers can handle most slicing tasks in the average home kitchen.
We will cover the key factors to consider when choosing the best electric meat slicer under $150. We will also provide detailed reviews of the top-rated models in this price range according to testing and customer reviews.
Whether you are slicing roasts, deli meats, cheeses, or veggies, read on for our picks for the top 5 best meat slicers under $150 that offer great performance and value for home cooks.
1. OSTBA Meat Slicer Deli Food Slicer:
OSTBA Meat Slicer Deli Food Slicer
The OSTBA Meat Slicer is an excellent choice for home cooks looking for an affordable deli-style slicer. With a 150-watt motor and a 7.5-inch stainless steel blade, this slicer powers through meats, cheeses, and veggies with ease of use.
The thickness control knob allows you to adjust slices anywhere from deli-thin to 9/16 inch thick. This versatility lets you slice anything from paper-thin sandwich meats to thick, hearty slices for meals. The large carriage fits food up to 6.7 inches wide and 5.5 inches tall, accommodating most average cuts of meat.
Both the blade and food carriage are removed quickly for fast cleanup. The non-slip suction cup feet prevent the slicer from vibrating or sliding during use. With an affordable price tag of under $150, this OSTBA slicer is a great value electric slicer for home kitchen use.
Potential downsides are some quality control issues reported, with a few users noting parts arriving broken or quickly malfunctioning. The short power cord also limits positioning on your counters. And extremely heavy-duty use is not recommended. But for occasional home slicing tasks, the OSTBA Meat Slicer is an excellent choice with great performance for the price.
Key Features for OSTBA Meat Slicer Deli Food Slicer:
- 150-watt high-power motor slices through meat or cheeses easily.
- The stainless steel blade is 7.5 inches in diameter for slicing meats, cheeses, fruits, and vegetables.
- The thickness control knob adjusts from deli thin to 9/16-inch slices.
- The carriage handles food up to 6.7 inches wide and 5.5 inches tall.
- Blade and food carriage detach for easy cleaning.
- Non-slip suction cup feet keep the slicer stable on countertops.
- Very affordable price
- Powerful 150-watt motor slices meats and cheeses with ease
- A large 7.5-inch blade allows for wider slices
- Thickness control knob provides versatility for thin to thick slices
- Detachable blades and carriage make cleaning and maintenance easy
- Suction cup feet prevent movement during use
- Not recommended for heavy-duty, commercial use
- Short power cord limits positioning
2. Chef’s Choice 615A Electric Meat Slicer:
Chef’s Choice 615A Electric Meat Slicer
With a powerful 120-watt motor and 7-inch stainless steel blade, the Chef’s Choice 615A makes quick work of slicing meats and cheeses for home cooks. The thickness adjustment ranges from deli-thin to a hearty 3/4-inch slice, giving you plenty of versatility.
The large food carriage can accommodate foods up to 6.5 inches wide for slicing larger cuts of roast beef or ham. Key parts like the blade, food carriage, and pusher are all removed easily for fast cleanup. Permanently lubricated ball bearings ensure this slicer runs smoothly and quietly. And the rubber feet grip your counters well to prevent slipping.
While the short power cord limits positioning, the Chef’s Choice 615A is a reliable meat slicer for the home kitchen. The performance and features rival more expensive models at this reasonable price point. Just avoid extremely rigorous use, as the 615A is best suited for moderate slicing tasks. But for slicing meats and cheeses a few times a week, it’s a great choice.
Key Features for Chef’s Choice 615A Electric Meat Slicer:
- 120-watt high torque motor and 7-inch stainless steel blade.
- Slice thickness adjustment from deli thin to 3/4 inch thick.
- Large food carriage holds foods up to 6.5 inches wide.
- The blade, food carriage, and food pusher are removable for cleaning.
- Permanent, lubricated ball bearings for quiet operation.
- Rubber feet keep the slicer stable while in use.
- Powerful 120-watt motor provides smooth slicing
- Can slice items up to 6.5 inches wide
- Thickness adjustments allow for thin to 3/4-inch slices
- Removable parts make cleaning easy
- Lubricated ball bearings for quiet use
- Rubber feet improve stability
- Short power cord limits positioning
3. CUSIMAX Meat Slicer, Electric deli food Slicer:
CUSIMAX Meat Slicer, Electric Deli Food Slicer
With its powerful 180-watt motor providing 0.37 horsepower, the CUSIMAX Meat Slicer powers through meats and cheeses with remarkable ease. The large 7.5-inch stainless steel blade along with thickness settings from 0-16mm allows you to slice anything from deli-cut meats to thick slabs of roast beef.
The CUSIMAX also boasts an extra-large food carriage, fitting meat cuts up to 7.9 inches wide for impressive slicing capacity. As with other quality slicers, the blade, food carriage, and pusher, all detach easily for thorough cleaning. Skid-proof rubber feet keep the slicer stable during use.
The CUSIMAX provides excellent performance and versatility, especially considering the affordable price tag. Potential downsides include some quality concerns noted by reviewers, particularly with longevity over time. The power cord is also very short. So, while not a heavy-duty commercial meat slicer use, the CUSIMAX has impressive features and power for home use slicing several times a week.
Key Features for CUSIMAX Meat Slicer:
- The 180-watt motor delivers 0.37 horsepower.
- 7.5-inch stainless steel cutting blade.
- Thickness settings from 0-16mm slices.
- Large food carriage fits meat up to 7.9 inches wide.
- Blade, food carriage, food pusher detaches for cleaning.
- Skid-proof rubber feet keep the slicer stable.
- Powerful 180-watt motor slices through meat and cheese easily
- Can slice items up to 7.9 inches wide
- Thickness adjustments from paper-thin to 16mm slices
- Removable blades and parts make cleaning easy
- Skid-proof feet prevent movement during use
- Very short power cord limits positioning
- Not recommended for commercial use
4. NESCO FS-250 Meat Slicer:
NESCO FS-250 Meat Slicer
Featuring a 180-watt high torque motor and a large 8.7-inch stainless steel serrated blade, the NESCO FS-250 powers through meat-slicing tasks with ease. With thickness settings up to 3/4-inch-thick, you can slice everything from paper-thin deli cuts to thick hearty meal slices.
The food carriage also provides an impressive capacity, fitting meat cuts up to 6.5 inches wide. Key components like the blade, food carriage, and pusher are all removed quickly for simple cleanup. Permanently lubricated ball bearings deliver smooth, quiet operation. And the non-slip feet provide a stable base.
While some users note inconsistencies in achieving certain slice thicknesses, overall the NESCO FS-250 performs very reliably, especially considering the reasonable price. Just don’t expect commercial-grade construction. But for home kitchens using a deli slicer occasionally, it’s a great choice with excellent versatility and performance.
Key Features for NESCO FS-250 Meat Slicer:
- 180-watt high torque motor.
- 8.7-inch stainless steel serrated blade.
- Thickness control for slices up to 3/4 inch thick.
- Large food carriage holds meat up to 6.5 inches wide.
- Removable blade, food carriage, and pusher for cleaning.
- Permanently lubricated ball bearings for smooth operation.
- Non-slip feet stabilize on a counter or table.
- Powerful 180-watt motor provides easy slicing
- Large 8.7-inch blade slices wider meat and cheeses
- Adjusts from deli thin up to 3/4-inch slice thickness
- Big food carriage for larger cuts of meat up to 6.5 inches wide
- Removable parts make cleaning simple
- Lubricated ball bearings allow smooth, quiet operation
- Non-slip feet prevent movement during slicing
- inconsistent slice thickness
- Short power cord limits positioning
5. Chefman Electric Deli & Food Slicer, Stainless Steel Blade:
Chefman Electric Deli & Food Slicer, Stainless Steel Blade
The Chefman Deli & Food Slicer is a great option. The 180-watt motor and 7.5-inch stainless steel blade make quick work of typical slicing tasks. Dial thickness adjustments range from deli-thin to 3/4-inch slices.
The large carriage fits food up to 7 inches wide for good slicing capacity. The blade, carriage, and pusher are removed for easy cleanup. Rubber feet provide a stable base. Plus, a blade cover adds safety when not in use.
Reviewers note the Chefman slicer may not yield the most precise thickness adjustments, especially at very thin settings. Plastic parts have some durability concerns with rigorous use over time. But for the price, it still provides very good performance for an occasional home slicing use. Just avoid extremely heavy usage. If you just need an affordable slicer for small kitchen jobs, the Chefman is a great choice.
Key Features for Chefman Electric Deli & Food Slicer:
- 180-watt motor and 7.5-inch stainless steel blade.
- Thickness dial adjusts from deli thin to 3/4 inch.
- The large capacity carriage holds food up to 7 inches wide.
- Rubber feet keep the slicer stable on counters.
- Removable blade, food carriage, and pusher for easy cleaning.
- Blade cover for safety when not in use.
- The 180-watt motor provides a smooth slicing ability
- The thickness dial allows versatility from thin slices to 3/4 inch
- Large carriage for meat cuts up to 7 inches wide
- Blade cover adds safety when not using the slicer
- Removable parts make cleaning and maintenance easy
- Rubber feet improve stability during use
- Durability concerns noted with plastic parts
- Not recommended for heavy use
Buying Guide for Meat Slicers under $150:
Purchasing a meat slicer for under $150 means sticking to more affordable, lighter-duty options. However, there are still excellent quality slicers perfect for home use in this price range if you know what features to look for.
Consider how you plan to use the meat slicer. Will you primarily be slicing meats like roast beef and deli meats for sandwiches? Or do you also plan to use it for harder cheeses and vegetables? How often will you use it? For occasional home use, an affordable slicer is perfect. For more frequent use, spend a little more for a more durable model.
Look for a motor with decent wattage, ideally at least 120 watts. This ensures you have enough power for smooth slicing through meats without the motor straining or overheating. Many budget slicers have 150 to 180-watt motors which provide sufficient power for most home use.
Average blade diameters on affordable slicers range from 7.5-8.7 inches. Larger blades slice more meat at once for efficiency. But very large blades can strain weaker motors. Make sure the wattage suits the blade size.
A thickness control dial or knob allowing you to adjust slice thickness is vital. You’ll want the versatility to slice anything from paper-thin deli cuts to 3/4-inch-thick slices for meats.
The food carriage capacity indicates the maximum width or size of meat it can hold. Look for at least 6.5 inches in width to accommodate most cuts of meat. Removable carriages are also preferred for easier cleaning.
Find a meat slicer with removable parts including the blade, food carriage, food pusher, and guard. These should all detach easily for simple cleaning without struggles.
Rubber suction or grip feet help keep the slicer stable when in use. This prevents it from vibrating or moving around on the counter while slicing.
While cost-effective meat slicers may lack the power and durability of commercial models, they can still make slicing meats, cheeses, and veggies much easier for home cooks on a budget. Keep an eye out for the features above when choosing the best affordable meat slicer under $150 for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions for Best Meat Slicer under $150:
What features should I look for in a meat slicer under $150?
Key features to look for include a powerful motor (at least 120 watts), a stainless-steel blade of 7-9 inches, thickness control for versatility, a large carriage to hold foods, and removable parts for easy cleaning. Rubber feet for stability are also useful in this price range
What is the best affordable meat slicer for home use?
Some top-rated models under $150 include the Chef’s Choice 615A and NESCO FS-250 meat slicers. They provide reliable slicing power and adjustable thickness in a compact size for home kitchens
Can you slice frozen meats with an inexpensive meat slicer?
Most affordable meat slicers under $150 are best suited for slicing thawed meats and cheeses. Their motors may lack the power to slice completely frozen foods. Allow meat to thaw first before slicing for best results
How thick can you slice meat with a cheap meat slicer?
Many affordable meat slicers can slice from deli-thin to around 3/4 inch thick. This allows you to slice anything from lunch meats to thick cuts of roast beef or pork. Check the thickness settings for the model you choose
Should I get a manual or electric meat slicer for under $150?
Electric meat slicers are highly recommended, even in lower price ranges. They make slicing much easier and more convenient compared to using a manual slicer. Electric models are worth the small added cost
How do I clean a meat slicer properly?
Always unplug the slicer first. Remove the removable parts including the blade, carriage, pusher, and guard. Wash these in hot soapy water, rinse, and dry fully. Avoid immersing the motor base in water
How can I ensure the safe use of an inexpensive meat slicer?
Keep hands away from the blade using the pusher. Unplug when not in use. Wear a cut-resistant glove for added protection. Never leave a meat slicer unattended with the blade exposed